Track I (ARCHIVED)
The Web Spam Challenge 2007 was supported by the EU PASCAL Network of Excellence Challenge Program and had two tracks:
- January-May: Track I: focused on Information Retrieval and Machine Learning, jointly organized with the AIRWeb 2007 workshop.
- June-September: Track II: focused on Machine Learning, jointly organized with the ECML/PKDD Workshop on Graph Labeling.
Timeline for Track I
The Track I of the Web Spam Challenge 2007 was organized jointly with the AIRWeb 2007 workshop.
- September 2006: The challenge was submitted to the PASCAL Network
- November 2006: The AIRWeb Workshop was accepted at WWW'07.
- November 2006: Corpus was made available
- December 22, 2006: host graph is available.
- December 2006: First set of feature vectors is available
- January 16, 2007: Evaluation metrics are available
- January 17, 2007: Challenge accepted by PASCAL Network
- February 2007: new features vectors available
- 15 March 2007: More text-based feature vectors are available
- 3 April 2007: Extended deadline for submitting predictions
Researchers submitting predictions are encouraged to submit a research article to AIRWeb'07 describing their algorithms or techniques, and researchers submitting articles to AIRWeb'07 about Web Spam Detection are encouraged to participate in the Web Spam Challenge.
The deadline for research articles in AIRWeb'07 is 14 February 2007, and the notifications are due on 14 March 2007. The deadline for submitting predictions to the Track I of the challenge is 30 March 2007.
During April, participant teams will be asked to manually label a set of hosts. Those hosts will be used as the test set for evaluating the predictions submitted. The results of the evaluation phase of Track I will be announced during the AIRWeb'07 workshop on May 8th, 2007 in Banff, Canada.